Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Do You Have to Wait Til Mother's Day to Show Your Love?

Sigh…time REALLY flies and it’s time to appreciate the job that I do again this year. Oh, it’s really quite sad, don’t you think? I commit myself to my family 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and all I get is 1 day in return…for others to show me that they appreciate what I do for them. Yeah, I know…who said life is fair, right? Motherhood is reduced to nothing but one commercialized day to celebrate it.

So, here’s what I suggest we do…Mother’s Day should be EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR. Do I hear hoots of happiness from mothers reading this article? Yeah!!

Saying “I love you”

It’s hard for us to tell our parents that we love them….so, it should be of no surprise at all to discover that…hey, it’s tough for our kids or spouses to tell us that they love us too, huh? But make it a point to start telling our mothers or the people who have contributed significantly to your life that you love them. it’s important although they are merely three relatively insignificant words strung together. Why wait for mother’s day to say it? Say it everyday….say it on your way out to work, school or other activities. Surprise your mother or spouse with these words when they’re least expecting it!

Simple gifts means a lot

Some people think that in order to show their mothers how much they are loved with expensive gifts like jewelry but you know what? As a mother, I can tell you something for sure….we don’t really care about expensive gifts! If it’s there, fine. If it’s not, something as simple as a self-drawn card is all it takes to make us happy! And I seriously mean it. And you know what else? I actually prefer a stalk of rose to a whole bunch of them! so, the bottom line is that mothers don’t need expensive gifts. Show your mother how much you love them and appreciate them with simple stuff instead.

Helping out is more meaningful

The work of a mother is continuous and endless because every time she completes something or cleans something up, something else gets messed up! It’s true. So, as a mother, we have work every minute of the day! So, if you don’t have a budget for a mother’s day gift, why not give your mother a day off and help out around the house instead. Let me tell you this…a day off is heaven-sent gift for me!

Continue

No comments: